- Screen attic vents, openings to chimneys and any other areas that are open to the outdoors, like mail slots and animal doors.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry. Consider using a dehumidifier in these areas.
- Keep kitchen counters clean, store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Inspect boxes of decorations, package deliveries and grocery bags for pest damage before bringing them indoors.
- Avoid leaving pets’ food dishes out for long periods of time.
- Contact a licensed pest control professional if an infestation is suspected.
Leave a comment