Cockroach Pest Management In New York
Disgusting, foul, ugly, hideous, repulsive, unpleasant, and revolting are just some of the many adjectives we say when we talk about cockroaches. Reasons why we hate them too much goes beyond a long history of battling their infestations. They eat almost anything, and leave an offensive odor. Their mere presence is potentially dangerous to humans since they can easily transmit bacteria and spread diseases. And, if your customers see them your business is dead!
With all the hazards they possess, why not protect your business from cockroaches and recognize the signs of an infestation before it gets worse.
SIGNS OF COCKROACH INFESTATION:
- Finding cockroaches during the day
- Cockroach droppings and smear marks
- Egg cases, cast skins, and dead insects
- Damaged goods and stock
- Strong foul cockroach odor
Don’t risk the reputation of your business
Horizon Pest Control knows that it is not worth to put the risk of your company because of a cockroach infestation that is beyond your control. We understand the importance of your business and the danger an infestation can make. Our solution is to provide our clients with the most comprehensive Integrated Pest Management programs that will result to the protection and elimination of these pests, thus avoiding property and financial damage to your business.
COMMON HIDING SPOTS:
- Moist, cramped areas
- Around spilled foods
- Cracks or crevices in walls
- Warehouse and storage places
- Confined spaces such as behind the refrigerator or in a pantry
- Kitchen cupboards
- Below sinks
- In drains and grease traps
- Old cardboard boxes, stack of newspapers
- In the dishwasher, microwaves and around the hot water systems
SOME OF THE DAMAGES COCKROACHES CAN DO:
- Leave an offensive odor
- Can cause allergic reactions and trigger asthma attacks
- Spread diseases such as Salmonella, cholera, typhoid, dysentery, hepatitis, staphylococcus and streptococcus
- Contaminate food products and damage goods
- Loss of customers and trust of employees
- Failed health inspection or sanitation shut-downs
- Financial loss and temporary closure
Beside from the hazards that are posted above, cockroaches have the ability to emit airborne pheromones for swarming and mating. These chemical trails transmit bacteria, which other cockroaches can follow. A single cockroach can lay up to 300 eggs and a few cockroaches can easily multiply to thousands within months, which makes it a big challenge in controlling them. Cockroaches also have the ability to develop a quick resistance to poisons, thus doing your own roach management especially around your business property is not a good idea. The potential harm that these cockroaches can do to your business is great and needs prompt solution as soon as they are seen.