Integrated Pest Management Solutions In New Jersey & New York
Leveraging common-sense pest control and sound solutions, Integrated Pest Management (IPM) delivers long-lasting pest control in commercial environments. At Horizon Pest Control, IPM is the foundation of our commercial pest management services. To learn more about IPM programs or to receive a free quote, call Horizon today at 1-888-612-2847.
What Is IPM?
By definition, IPM is an ecosystem-based process that places an emphasis on long-term prevention of pests. IPM incorporates biological control, habitat manipulation and other factors to keep insects, rodents and other pests out of a facility. At Horizon, we employ a three-step IPM process to safeguard your business from unwanted guests.
- Inspection – Routine inspections of indoor and outdoor areas help determine if pests are present. They also help pinpoint areas with conditions that are favorable to pest infestations.
- Identification – Following an inspection, our trained and licensed professionals will work to identify the type or species of pest present. Since control methods vary by pest, this step is crucial to devising a successful pest management plan.
- Treatment – Depending on the pest(s) present, a variety of treatment methods will be employed to eradicate the problem. This includes managing the environment while eliminating sources of food and water and pest shelter.
Commercial IPM from Horizon
Besides being a nuisance, pests are often carriers for diseases, posing a serious health risk. Thus, it’s of the utmost importance for businesses to have successful IPM protocols to ensure the safety of employees and guests. Since the needs of every business vary, Horizon will custom-tailor a solution to meet your property’s requirements. Some ways to manage potential pest hotspots include:
- Sealing window frames
- Making sure windows have proper screens
- Removing dishes in rooms after use
- Vacuuming regularly
- Sealing cracks, crevices and holes in visible and hidden areas, especially around pipes and wiring
- Wiping counters frequently
- Sealing food containers
- Giving attention to the maintenance and upkeep of the structure’s foundation
- Screening crawlspace vents
- Storing garbage in sealed containers and disposing of trash appropriately
- Making certain that gutters and downspouts are unclogged
- Ensuring water is channeled from downspouts away from the foundation
- Keeping bins closed
- Trimming tree branches and shrubbery
- Getting rid of old tires that could fill up with water and provide a breeding ground for pests
- Keeping doors closed to prevent wildlife entry
- Inspecting boxes and other packaging thoroughly before bringing them inside
Call On the Commercial Pest Control Experts In New Jersey & New York
Don’t just eliminate pests – stop them from re-infesting your property with an effective IPM plan from Horizon. We’ll work with you to devise a strategy that accommodates the unique needs of your business. Contact us today for a free consultation to ensure that your property remains pest-free.