Green Pest Solutions
DON'T LET OUR NAME FOOL YOU: We may be a pest control company, but we care about the environment and the future of our planet, too. We’ve actually been practicing environmental stewardship before it was called ‘Green’.
In our industry, they call it Integrated Pest Management or IPM. IPM incorporates the use of routine inspections, monitoring devices and special products — as well as structural, sanitation and cultural changes — to prevent or eliminate pest infestations.
When properly implemented and coordinated, IPM can reduce the use of chemical applications and achieve safe and effective results for homeowners and businesses. Many pest control companies use the phrase IPM, but only the best actually practice it to ensure the highest level of service at the lowest level of risk to your home, family, and community.
Learn how Horizon can help protect your property and save you money. Call us today!
When providing a green pest management service, your Horizon technician will develop a plan to precisely manage pests in your home and business.
- Provide green pest management training and testing for all sales persons and technicians selling or providing green services
- Inspect and monitor the structure being serviced.
- Eliminate sources of food, water and shelter that pests need to survive.
- Follow guidelines to treat in and around your structure using the least invasive measures to manage your problem, while minimizing or eliminating the need to use pesticides.
- Only make traditional pesticide applications after discussing the options with you and getting your consent.
- Document all actions taken to accurately identify solutions that work for you.
Blog Posts About Integrated Pest Management
Fall is such a beautiful season. The air becomes crisp and the night becomes longer, plus it is the time that the leaves change. But, with the change of season comes a different challenge for homeowners because it is also a peak time for pests to make their way indoors. These pests will be looking for shelter, food and warmth, which your house has. Cockroaches, lady bugs, mosquitoes, spiders, and worse....
A successful ant elimination does not just involve a simple spraying here and there or providing baits when they are seen. To eliminate the enemy it is also important to determine the species of the ant itself since their characteristic may help you understand their behavior. For professionals, the work of controlling these pests will require a five-step process such as inspection, identification, recommendation...
New Jersey is located nearly halfway between the equators and poles, this makes the state a battleground for air masses throughout the year. New Jersey is known for its humid climates, which makes the majority of insects to thrive in this area. During the hot, sticky summer months the insects become active and multiple more quickly while the cold, dry air of winter acts as a brake on the population of the insects...