Where there is one, there are many. Their presence in any business is unacceptable and therefore fatal to your company's brand and reputation. They carry disease, damage building structures and equipment, and when seen, they can cause panic for your staff and clients.
The first step to protecting your business from rats is to learn to spot the warning signs of an infestation.
BELOW ARE THE MOST COMMON SIGNS THAT YOUR FACILITY MAY HARBOR RATS
- Fresh Rat droppings that look like skinny pellets.
- Nesting material, like shredded cardboard and paper.
- Signs of damage to fabrics and/or electrical and equipment wiring.
- Damaged goods and stock.
It's important to note that if there are construction sites around your facility the disturbance could displace a colony and drive them into your building.
THE POTENTIAL HARM FROM RATS TO YOUR BUSINESS IS HIGH AND WARRANTS IMMEDIATE ACTION WHEN THEY’RE DETECTED
- Rats are known to spread infections such as Hantavirus, Salmonella, and Weil's disease.
- Rats can damage goods and contaminate consumer products.
- Rats & rodents weaken structures by creating passageways into your building.
YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS PROACTIVE RAT CONTROL TO AVOID THE DAMAGE AN INFESTATION WILL CAUSE
- Customer sightings of rats can create alarm and panic that leads to immediate loss of customers & employee trust.
- Financial loss due to temporary closure or lost customers can be considerable.
- Damage to both products and reputation can negatively impact profits in multiple ways.
- Rats chew through electrical wiring and can shut down production until costly repairs are made.
- Legal implications from a rat infestation may compound existing issues into a much more difficult situation.
Apart from all of the issues presented above, the greatest reason for urgency when dealing with rats in your business is their speed to reproduce. If left unchecked, a pair of rats can grow to hundreds within a very short period of time, thus making a small problem into a large one before you realize it.
Horizon Pest Control understands the severity of rat problems for your business. For 43 years we've focused on helping businesses protect their property from pest problems. So, at the first sign of rats and rodents in your building, you need to call Horizon Pest Control for a Free Inspection. Our comprehensive Integrated Pest Management programs will remove any problem you currently have and protect your business moving forward.
Call (888) 612-2847 today to protect your business and your brand.
Blog Posts About Rat Control
Mice and rat infestation can sometimes happen in manufacturing plants and other facilities when these pests create their nests inside these facilities. There are some ways to know if a manufacturing plant already has an infestation. Mice and rats, love to gnaw like any other rodents. They will chew doors, windows, and utility line. Gnawed packaged foods and boxes in the food storage...
Rodents, especially rats are a city-wide problem. And, with spring on the way, their population is expected to multiply. Rodents can grow to be a foot long and can easily squeeze through a hole the size of a quarter. They can reproduce quickly and will eat anything. They can chew through pipes, tread water for at least three days, and easily infest homes if solutions are not made...
Rodents invade approximately 21 million of U.S. homes each year. These pest love the fall and winter since 45% of their occurrence happen on that season, 29% during spring, and 28% during summer. Understanding America’s Rodent Problem will help you protect your health and property To be able to guard you and your family from rodents here are the common places where you can mostly...